It’s FINALLY fall: big sweaters, boots, scarves, hot drinks, and yummy treats are what this season is all about. What better way is there to enjoy a brisk fall day than with a hot coffee and pumpkin spiced chocolate chip cookies? And the best part of all.. they’re healthy!
I found this recipe (along with other pumpkin flavored treats) on Skinny Taste. All of the recipes on the website allow you to indulge in your favorite foods, without the guilt. Head on over to www.skinnytaste.com to see more recipes! But first, check out the recipe below for delicious pumpkin spiced chocolate chip cookies:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheatoven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with non-stick silicone baking liners or lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl,combine the flours, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice; stir to blend. In another bowl, whisk the sugars, butter, egg white, pumpkin puree and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Whiskthe dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooth’s out.
- Dropby level spoonful’s about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake8 – 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let them stand 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the pans to cool on wire racks.
What is YOUR favorite fall indulgence?